Reset existing multi-factor authentication configuration for a user
Your user may lose access to the device that they used to register with multi-factor authentication. When this occurs, you need to reset their multi-factor settings so that they can re-register.
Use the following steps to reset the existing multi-factor authentication configuration for a user:
- Log in to your Office 365 Control Panel.
- From the left menu, select Office 365 Admin Center.
- From the top menu, select Multi-factor authentication.
- Select the check box next to the user you need to enforce multi-factor authentication for.
- Under quick steps, select Manage user settings.
- Select the check box next to Require selected users to provide contact methods again.
- Select save then close.
- The selected user can now log in to their Office 365 account and re-register with multi-factor authentication.